Delano Park 2020. Photo courtesy of Google Maps
In 1925, Edward Delano purchased a tract of land of several acres in Sodus Center and donated it to the Town of Sodus to be forever used as a park. It was dedicated to the memory of his late wife: Emma J. Delano.
According to Steven Heald, a life long resident,: “Owned by the Town of Sodus, its at the intersection of School St. and South St. in Sodus Center. It’s known to some of us old timers as Delano Park. It’s filled with maples planted in rows. “
This is a fitting memorial to his wife for the man who founded Arbor Day in New York State.
The September 18, 1925 article in The Record telling the story of Delano Park. Courtesy of Sandi Hamilton.