J.W. Watson Store in South Sodus. This was located on the east side of Alton-Lyons Rd. where the Lutheran Church later stood, a short distance south of the cemetery.
Margaret Merhoff, Wayne County Historian, found in the attic of her home at No. 25 High Street, Sodus, a quantity of old photographic plates, from which this pictures was printed. The house was once occupied by Mrs. Bert Stacy, the widow of Bert Stacy who at one time was a photographer at Alton. It is believed this picture was taken by him in the late 1890’s.