Pickle Factory (1900 – 1926) – Page

From the book  Arms’ Crossroads – Wallington  pp 93 –94 by The Wallington Cobblestone Schoolhouse Restoration Committee 1982

EMPIRE PICKLE FACTORY

Some long-ago, but not forgotten industries Include the Empire Pickle Factory which started in approximately 1900 and continued until 1926. The locally grown pickles were drawn to the factory, just west of the crossroads, by horse and wagon where they were put into large vats of salt brine and then sorted and shipped out by rail, mostly to the Heinz Co.