M. E. Chittenden Store, northwest corner Rt. 14 and Limekiln Rd., South Sodus. Ownership of the residence at time of picture is not known. Later, both the store and residence were owned by C. J. Rehkugler, during whose ownership both burned in about the year 1934. A portion of the Methodist Church can be seen in the background. This was built in 1871 and razed in 1949.
Margaret Merhoff, Wayne County Historian, found in the attic of her home at No. 25 High Street, Sodus, a quantity of old photographic plates, from which this pictures was printed. The house was once occupied by Mrs. Bert Stacy, the widow of Bert Stacy who at one time was a photographer at Alton. It is believed this picture was taken by him in the late 1890’s.