Photo courtesy of Richard Ransley and Steven Heald.
Above is the Basket Factory as it appeared circa 1910. It was located on the north side of State Street in Sodus where the RG&E building is currently located.
This building was originally the Presbyterian Church building and was moved in the 1860’s to this site. Over the years, the business was owned by the Granger, Fish and Hulett families.
The baskets that were made here were primarily used by area farmers for produce.